The Student News Site of Ben Davis High School

Community West Side News

Community West Side News

Community West Side News

51st season has hilarious start

Beef and Boards kicks off 2024 campaign in style
+Four+women+who+seem+to+have+nothing+in+common+except+a+black+lace+bra+realize+they+share+a+lot+of+the+same+experiences+with+the+change+in+Beef+%26+Boards+Dinner+Theatres+production+of+Menopause%2C+The+Musical+now+on+stage+through+Feb.+4.++Check+beefandboards.com+for+availability+and+pricing%2C+or+call+the+box+office+at+317.872.9664.
Four women who seem to have nothing in common except a black lace bra realize they share a lot of the same experiences with “the change” in Beef & Boards Dinner Theatre’s production of Menopause, The Musical now on stage through Feb. 4. Check beefandboards.com for availability and pricing, or call the box office at 317.872.9664.

If you are looking for a good laugh this month, look no further than the Beef and Boards season opener Menopause: The Musical .
This hilarious look at the aging process for women kicks off the 51st season of live theatre at Beef and Boards. It will be a season that includes Beautiful, the Carole King Musical and the return of The King and I to the local stage for the first time since 2001.
Menopause features four women who meet in a New York City high-end department store and they proceed to laugh and sing their way through an afternoon that includes discussing why they can’t sleep, why they take pills and whatever happened to their youthful bodies. From turning the Bee Gees “Staying Alive” into “Staying Awake” to the final notes of “YMCA,” the four women laugh their way through the aging process.
The entire cast of Menopause: The Musical is making its Beef and Boards debut. The cast includes Enga Davis as the Professional Woman, Nancy Slusser as the Iowa Housewife, Melanie Souza as the Earth Mother, and Kimberly Vanbiesbrouck plays the Soap Star.
The show continues through February 4 at the northwest side dinner theater. Tickets range from $55 to $82 and include Chef Larry Stoops’ dinner buffet and select beverages.
To see the complete performance schedule and to purchase tickets online, visit beefandboards.com. Tickets are also available by calling the Beef and Boards box office at 317.872.9664.
The 51st season will include Beautiful, The Carole King Musical (Feb. 8-March 30), The King and I (April 4-May 19), The Wizard of Oz (May 23-July 7), Legally Blonde (July 11-Aug. 25), Million Dollar Quartet (Aug. 29-Oct. 6), Fiddler on the Roof (Oct. 10-Nov. 24) and A Christmas Story and A Christmas Carol in December.