The Student News Site of Ben Davis High School

Community West Side News

Community West Side News

Community West Side News

Indiana Historical Society welcomes award-winning journalist

Williams to speak on October 24

The Indiana Historical Society (IHS) welcomes Emmy Award-winning journalist Brian Williams for “Founders Day: An Evening with Brian Williams.”

The special event takes place Tuesday, October 24 from 7:30 to 10 p.m. at the Eugene and Marilyn Glick Indiana History Center, located at 450 W. Ohio St. in Indianapolis. Doors open at 7 p.m.

The evening is scheduled as follows:

7 p.m.: Doors open
7:30 p.m.: Program in Frank and Katrina Basile Theater
9 p.m.: Dessert Reception in Eli Lilly Hall

Williams is a 40-year veteran of television news, and over the course of his career he has covered everything from political conventions and Presidential elections to wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, conflict in the Middle East, natural disasters, and countless mass-casualty tragedies in the United States and abroad. He has traveled to more than two dozen countries and interviewed six American Presidents.

His work has been rewarded with a dozen Emmy Awards, 11 Edward R. Murrow awards, the DuPont-Columbia award, the Walter Cronkite Award for Excellence in Journalism, and the industry’s highest honor — the George Foster Peabody Award, which he received for his extensive coverage of Hurricane Katrina and its aftermath.

Tickets for “Founders Day: An Evening with Brian Williams” are $150 per person and are available by visiting https://rb.gy/u3jh6. All proceeds benefit the education programs and services of the Indiana Historical Society. For more information, contact Kimberly Rohl at [email protected].